Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Fault lights when Tool activated

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Bug Report' started by Kwhite2828, Jul 31, 2023.

1. Kwhite2828

Builder

I recently changed from the 4x to the x32 black box. I removed the older box and plugged in the x32. I initiated a "run job" and the motion moved in all axes correct but the plasma did not trigger. I'm connected to the first relay since I don't have a touch off switch on this setup. When I try to activate M3 S1000 or use the Tool on controls on the operating screen nothing happens. when inspecting the black box I see red lights on for the axis faults. These only come on when the tool is activated. The plasma did trigger when I sent a M5 command. Is the relay NC instead of NO? What am I missing? I'll reconnect my old box and see what happens.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

1) As you had a working setup, did you follow the Backup/Restore process to transfer the working settings?

2) Relay: Please contact the store for assistance: Support > New Ticket
    When typing out the message to the team, please include a check of what version of the BlackBox X32 you have, if you peek into the side via the vents, you'll be able to see the versions:

3) Fault Indicators: See docs:blackbox-x32:currentadjustment [OpenBuilds Documentation] Do check that you did set the current, i.e might just be not set yet, and coincidentally happen around the time time plasma triggers, worth a double chec

3. Kwhite2828

Builder

Using a meter the relay on the x4 "that is labeled COM & NO" reads open. On the x32 the same relay, "Relay 1 that is labeled COM & NO" is not open. Both of these were tested with no other connections besides the meter on the relay.