Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Error code 9 and 4

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Andy64, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Andy64

Andy64 New
    Builder

I finally got my system together and I'm running it through its paces. after completing the edge to edge and front to back test I needed to surface my spoil board. As I was performing this wizard the unit kept stopping and giving me an error #9. when this happened the unit forgot where on the X and Y axis it was, I needed to reset these. then as the unit was traveling in the X axis it stopped. now I cannot move the unit at all. The steppers are in a "brake" mode, they will not spin. I completely shut the system down and restarted it. And now I cannot move the steppers with the control software. When I try, I get no movement on Y and Z. When I try X I get an error #4.

At this point the system will not function.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Andy64

Andy64 New
    Builder

This machine has been running fine when i was using the manual controls. as soon as I run the first G-code it starts to flake out. I don't think EMI is the culprit.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Please, do Post the files then please - we can only check gcode for you, if you provide it :)

Possibly: you don't have the spindle on yet when you jog around. Running the spindle, static electricity build up from chips coming out of the cut, dust extractor if you run one, etc - are all present when you run a job, but not jogging, that may explain EMI during the job run. Assuming your Gcode is correct of course.

On a sidenote: Error 4/9/etc - rather post the screenshots of the error (code alone doesn't help as much, we print out details with it) and Serial Logs, so we can be sure what exactly the error is... Above assumptions are made without seeing the actual errors and serial log leading up to your error, thus may be inaccurate. (Error 9 for example, is a Symptom of an Earlier ALARM (the error code thus irrelevant, but the popup would have shown which alarm preceeded the error)

David the swarfer likes this.