Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Error 9 carving Paradise Box

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Stacey Miller, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Stacey Miller

Builder

Hey Guys, I have my Workbee 1510 up and running I am using Vectric Aspire that I picked up with my small CNC.... I tried carving the Paradise Box from Vectric and I am getting a error code 9.... It locks me out of the software..... I have carved some signs and put a grid on my spoil board so the equipment seems to work....anyone have any suggestions???? Thanks !

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Have you already homed the machine?

gnea/grbl

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Error 9 is a symptom of some earlier alarm. Pay attention to the log and popup errors. Something first happens, causes an alarm, because Grbl is in alarm state, its Locked out (E:9). The Alarm message would tell you why it went into alarm. Some examples: incorrect gcode (forgot to use the Openbuilds Post?), hard limit triggered (limits incorrectly setup, or EMI), etc. Read the alarm message to determine the way forward.

Don't forget to read the entire Grbl wiki :) interaction between alarms/errors is explained in detail there

4. Stacey Miller

Builder

Yes homed the machine, it has been working flawlessly for several other projects.I have made sure no power cables are next to the low voltage wire bundles. simply at a loss.

5. Stacey Miller

Builder

Hi Peter, Thanks for the help. When you say forgot to use Open Builds Post, what do you mean? I am using Aspire and saving it as GRBL mm code. However I have designed everything in that in the past. Thanks Again!

6. Peter Van Der Walt

See docs:software:vectric [OpenBuilds Documentation]

But reread my earlier message. That was just EXAMPLES of things that cause alarms. Its up to YOU to check the screen/log to see WHAT made you go into Alarm mode, which subsequently blocked grbl from executing while in that Alarm State
    Grbl has many possible reasons for Alarming. We cant guess. You will need to look at the Alarm popups or logs (or if none, read the Grbl wiki to understand why it may start up Alarmed when homing is enabled and not ran, just another example of course) to see why

7. Stacey Miller

Builder

Hey Peter, Just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know how much your knowledge helps. I inspected my machine and found a malfunctioning limit switch on the Z axis. It literally fell apart in my hand, so I am thinking that is what my Alarm 6 was. ( I am still not clear weather that is an alarm or an error) Any way ordered new limit switch. Meanwhile I disabled homing function and hard limits, when the new switch gets her I will re-install. Again Thank You Peter and Merry Christmas to you!!!

Alex Chambers likes this.
  8. Peter Van Der Walt

While you wait on the switch, read the Grbl Wiki! :)

From gnea/grbl

Error 6: Minimum step pulse time must be greater than 3usec
    Alarm 6: Homing fail. Reset during active homing cycle.

If it was a switch, i'd say it was an Alarm (short circuit caused Grbl to reset - thus the warning)