Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Error 250 & werror:255

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Michael_S, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Michael_S

Michael_S New
    Builder

Ok, here's one I have been unable to find any info on. Everything has been working fine with my setup for a while now. It's a leadscrew router using an Openbuilds BlackBox and a Windows 10 machine with the current version of Openbuilds Control. Firmware on the blackbox is also current. The last two jobs I ran both failed with the router running, no motion/no gcode being sent, and the pc still connected. First time was the popup box and the second time was with no popup, just the werror:255. First time it was running for about 75min with 15 to go. Seems like there may be a communication error but nothing has changed with the setup and I'm using the FTDI drivers. Windows is giving no USB errors. Could it be a problem with the blackbox?

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Michael_S

Michael_S New
    Builder

Could be but doesn't explain why this just started after months of no problems. All the wires are shielded and grounded on box end, ferrite cores on all cables, and openbuilds limit switches. Dust collection has a ground wire.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Run some air-cut tests with router/dust off. The symptoms are clear (at this time), werror is not a string Grbl emits, but scrambled bits could mess up a different character to look like a w, the error would be in response to the corrupted data going the other way

David the swarfer and Michael_S like this.