Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

EMI or I made wrong choices in the settings

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by fflen, Jun 17, 2024.

1. fflen

fflen New
    Builder

Just a little bit into a very short and simple post the G-Code stops the table movement but the torch stays running. Once in a while the whole program runs. Tried different programs same thing. Moved the Plasma cutter as far away from the controller as I could. I disconnected the USB cable to the laptop and ran it with the interface, it made it to the first pierce and the table stopped but the torch stayed on until I turned it off. I just hooked up a new plasma cutter with a CNC straight torch, I connected a larger plastic drag chain and put the torch line, motor wires and Proximity switch wires in it together, there was plenty of room for all the wires . I called the plasma company and asked a tech if it would be ok to put them in the chain together he said it should be ok.
    I would appreciate any help I am pretty much down now unless I try taking all the wires out of the chain.

Thank You
    1010 lead with plasma add on 62i Everlast Plasma cuter with CNC torch

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. fflen

fflen New
    Builder

Took the torch wiring out of the drag chain yesterday and everything seams to be working ok.

I have been emailing the parts store but they don't seem to understand what I am looking for maybe you could help.
    I just installed a straight CNC torch it's about 15" long and your plasma add on clamp does not have a lot of surface area to support the torch on the back side and the front is just a fairly small screw that bites into the soft plastic torch. My idea is to use a piece of v-slot twice as long as the one in the add on and add the extra set of wheels I can make the mounting plate and wheel brackets and then add another clamp at the top. I would buy 4 more 465 wheel assemblies I think the add on came with a 3" piece of 290-LP V-slot 20x60 linear rail, I would order these parts but I don't know if they are the same as what came in the kit
    I can't seam to find any good clamping systems for sale. I do like the magnetic one I saw with the THC in the Build section, Can I just get those files 3D printed

Thanks again

Attached Files:

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I replied to you on the store, our add on does not allow another one of our clamps to be added. Not needed either. Did understand your question perfectly

That was my suggestion too, design and make what you need. If you have access to a 3D printer, even better, my suggestion via support was to use the machine to cut a bendable clamp. If the standard kit doesn't do what you need, you would have to take charge

Our modular parts are just the same. Custom design is encouraged, but of course, you are somewhat on your own designing your modifications. The idea is in your head after all