Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

eeking Help with Curve Variations Depending on Drawing Direction

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by targz, Nov 12, 2023.

1. targz

targz New
    Builder

I'm currently facing an issue with my Pen plotter based Openbuilds Acro system, and I would greatly appreciate your expertise to help me troubleshoot and find a solution.

Issue Summary:
    My Openbuild Acro system is generally working well, but I've encountered a specific challenge related to curves, particularly when they are drawn in different directions. I've observed variations in the curves depending on whether they are drawn from right to left or left to right.

See attached file:
    Case A the ligne are drawn in different direction -> KO
    Case B lines are draw in the same direction -> OK

I'm using Vpype to optimize my plot and reduce travel time by using the "linesort" parameter, I conducted some test and the issue is not related to Vpype apparently -> Curved Line Spacing Problem · Issue #661 · abey79/vpype

Request for Assistance:
    I would appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to address this issue. Has anyone else encountered similar challenges with curve variations depending on drawing direction?

Thanks
    upload_2023-11-12_18-7-53.jpeg

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

X axis has backlash, something is loose somewhere so when it drive left then right, or right then left, it does not end up in exactly the same place