Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Dual feed single extruder.

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Corey Corbin, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Corey Corbin

Corey Corbin Well-Known
    Builder

Hi all got a question about building and finding some in general info on 3d printers that can dual feed filament. Has any one done a DIY dual printing printer? I was thinking of a printer to do A main filament with PVA for supports. Any info would be great Thanks!

2. Christian James

Christian James Journeyman
    Builder

I think they've been around for a while but you'll need to do a search.

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

4. Corey Corbin

Corey Corbin Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks for the link. I have found multiple dual extruder setups. I am interested in this one particular extruder setup.
    Prometheus System
    But I was wondering if Openbuilds community attempted a dual feed single extruder and was curious how they went about it. Most importantly the controller board. Arduino or the Blackbox or is there a already made controller board to pop in? Lack of info from Googling I get that its probably not common as I had hoped. Right now I have a Anycubic I3 Mega and its ok printer but to print supports in same material as regular print does sometimes make it a challenge to remove your supports in places you can not reach or it leaves marks that you can not really remove the blemishes. I feel the supports are sticking a little to much to the part. So I thought going with PVA for support would be a good idea.