Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Droplet printer

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by daniel h, Apr 20, 2023.

1. daniel h

daniel h New
    Builder

Hiya,

I’m a human who works in science and I want to make a robot to do my human labor things.

I prepare dishes with a lot of tiny droplets. Without boring anyone with the details, I have determined that I need to modify a 3D printer/CNC so that it hangs for enough time to lay a droplet, move to the next spot, do it again, etc and in a specific pattern.

Im getting ready to buy a 3D printer kit but seeing that most of the controllers do one operation continuously (thinking laying filament along a path, spinning a drill bit along a path) I don’t know where to start.

I’m open to any suggestions and directions to fully realize my lab robot soave army so I can eat lunch in peace.

d

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Do you use MATLAB in the lab? If so out stuff can be integrated for more advanced uses

Otherwise, plain old GCODE. G4s to pause in place. Hack coolant or tool output do trigger droplet. G0/1 for moves.

Or CONTROL'S Javascript Macros if you need some interactive controls