Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Drifting issues with CONTROL v1.0.30

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Sam Krohlow, Apr 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sam Krohlow

Builder

Edit: CONTROL v1.0.300 not .30

I've now tried multiple different svg's and multiple CAM softwares (carbide create and estlcam) and am having the same issue of my text drifting upwards during the cut. (V-carving)

upload_2021-4-27_20-49-24.png

I haven't tried any other CONTROL programs yet, but was wondering if anyone else is having these same issues with this version of OB?

I also tried an old cut that I knew worked on a previous version of OB, and had the same issue. Any thoughts to the cause of this?

Thanks,
    Sam

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Very unlikely to be software related. Check the 3D view does the gcode line up?

That looks more like stalling during rapid moves. Dial Down Max Rate on the Y axis in Grbl Settings

3. Sam Krohlow

Builder

Ya, after more investigation I think you may be right. I’ve tried older versions of OB control with the same result.

My acceleration and velocity values haven’t changed, but either way I’m feeling like that has to be the cause. I’ll play with those next.

4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

[​IMG]

I know it was not intentional and glad to see your on the path to having it sorted, but for what its worth its a cool looking effect combined with the repeating wood grain :D

5. Sam Krohlow

Builder

You're not wrong! It is kinda neat.

Mark Carew likes this.
  6. Sam Krohlow

Builder

I noticed the machine being a little jumpy in the Y-direction when moving, so I think I'm losing steps.

I re-tensioned my Y screws (I think they were under too much compression), lubed them up, lowered my Y acceleration and top speed, and it has pretty much solved the problem.

I will probably flip my Y screws to be under tension, and I think I still need to do a little more tweaking with steps and acceleration, but for the most part it's good to go now.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.