Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Doing an upgrade

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Duane Etienne, Jul 14, 2024.

1. Duane Etienne

Builder

Years ago I built a 4'x4' CNC router system. I've got all new motors and a spindle for it. What would anyone recommend that I buy to rebuild the X and Y axis that will make it smooth and accurate? I currently use belts on both X and Y but I would be open to changing. All ideas would be appreciated greatly. I've tried to figure out piece by piece through the parts store but I always feel like I've gotten lost or forgot something.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

It would be beneficial if you could provide photos of where you’re starting from.

Giarc likes this.
  3. Duane Etienne

Builder

Okay here is the frame I'm working with. I want to replace the X and Y axis with extruded rails, I have all the electronics the frame will accommodate a 62" x 62" area. I do not need to worry about Z axis.

Attached Files:

4. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

I have a 4' x 4' machine. I use linear rails. You can buy them on AliExpress. They come in two variants. Round rails and flat rails. I use the round.