Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Does anyone know where this screw is from?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by George Rose, May 9, 2022.

1. George Rose

Builder

Hello.

I've been having a bit of trouble with the vibration on my Workbee CNC machine rattling loose screws and whatnot. It seems to just slowly take itself apart. I've also been finding the stepping motors spinning free when the screws holding them to the lead screws loosen. I'm tempted to just threadlock everything but I'll certainly regret it the minute I need to change anything! Any tips?

The other day it was cutting something out and this long grub screw fell out and I can't find where it goes. Can anyone on here help me work it out? I'm hoping it's not important... Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Looks like the Anti Backlash nut's set screw:

Would loosen if the locknut was not installed properly

Locktite is not needed if fastners are properly tightened

3. George Rose

Builder

Thank you, I appreciate it. That looks like it might be the culprit. I'll take a look when I'm back in the workshop.

I'm not sure how much tighter I can make them, it's with a socket set too. I think I'm getting extra vibration somewhere, maybe due to lead screw whip as it's slightly bent.
    Do you know if there is anywhere in the UK that you can buy the brass tension nuts to keep everything taught? I'm not a huge fan of the collars.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

For distributor details, best to contact the Store via support.openbuilds.com > New Ticket