Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Display changed after recent opening and now icons and text too small to read

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by William LaRowe, Aug 23, 2023.

1. William LaRowe

Builder

I installed Openbuilds Control about a week ago and it was working well. Yesterday when I opened the application I noticed that the screens had changed. The move banners are smaller and the Icons and text are too small to read. I installed it on my lap top running windows 10. All other applications run with normal size icons ands text. I've tried uninstalling and re=installing twice but could not get it back to normal. I found a link that mentioned similar issues with programs designed for WIN8 but running on WIN10. The fix was to right click Openbuilds in my desktop, select Properties- Compatibility- Hi DPI override followed by System(enriched). I did try this, but still no luck. Following this I installed Openbuilds into another lap top and it is currently working correctly (at least for now). Since it was working for a few days I would think there must be a way to get it back to normal size on this computer which has my CAD application on it. One last try was to open troubleshooting- Application diagnostics- Show GPU information on the new computer and comparing the settings to the computer that is giving problems. (please note that I needed to see the normal screen in order to navigate on the small screen since I could not read the screens and had to go by location) It was interesting that the "GPU Internal" screen was normal size. Most settings were the same except "Multiple Raster Threads"; It was Enabled on the normal computer, but Disabled on the small screen computer. Additionally the computer with small text was showing this under the "Problems Detected" list. I don't know if this is part of the problem and don't know how to change if if needed. I would have thought re-installing it would have worked like the initial install but no. Any ideas?

2. Pat Heppner

Builder

ctrl+shift+= to zoom in (bigger buttons)
    ctrl+- to zoom out (smaller buttons)

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

ctrl+0 to reset to standard sizes, just like any web page in a browser, since the interface is actualy a web page (-:

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. William LaRowe

Builder

I had tried that and text got larger but too blurry to read.

5. William LaRowe

Builder

BINGO!!! thanks a bunch!

David the swarfer likes this.