Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Disconnect alarm when trying a job

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Flatlandww, May 17, 2020.

1. Flatlandww

Builder

Just finished my Lead 1010 build and ran the Hello World with no problems. I made a small job, 2 circles and a square , in Carbide Create an it saved as a .nc file. When I went to run it, I keep getting an alarm for Disconnection.

If I go back to the hello world file it works fine. This is my first CNC, am I missing something?

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

This is a guess without further info, but check your Z clearance height in your cam software - the defaults often try to raise Z too far and trigger the Z limit switch. (If using soft limits grbl will stop at the beginning of the line that would hit the limit).
    If you post your G code someone may be able to spot what the problem is. Also tell us exactly what the alarm says.
    Alex.

3. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

Sounds odd. There's no native grbl alarm code for "disconnection" (seems like it would be inherently worthless, when you think about it), so it's coming from your sender.

Assuming you're using grbl/BlackBox/whatever.

So yeah, what Alex said. Posting both gcode files and the terminal log from your sender will probably be your best bet.

4. Flatlandww

Builder

Here is the file I created, Everything looks ok on the surface and the simulation in OB Control looks good. However I am still getting an alarm with no prompt as to why.

Attached Files:

5. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Post a screenshot of the alarm message. As soon as I can get on my PC I will have a look at your file.
    Alex.

6. Flatlandww

Builder

Thanks Alex, when I tried again this morning it Alarmed again but didn't give me any reason why. No limit switch trip, couldn't find any reason why. Soon as I hit run it instantly alarms .

7. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

I'm not familiar with Carbide create, but the problem is shown in the attached pic - M0 is an unconditional stop

wrong pp.png

For the benefit of someone who does know Carbide Create (and will hopefully chip in) what post processor did you use?
    Alex.

8. Flatlandww

Builder

I saved the Gcode through Carbide create and opened it straight into OB Control.

I'm going to try and go through Fusion360 tonight and see if it works that way.

9. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.