Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Dewalt 611 Diffuser

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Corey Applegate, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Corey Applegate

Builder

As I have been working along on an Aluminum project of mine on my WorkBee 1010 with a Dewalt 611 motor watching the chips drift out of the holes I thought it maybe good to use the down draft of the Dewalt motor to blow the chip out of any deep pockets or slots.

I figure I'm likely not the first one to observe this or want to make one so I went over to Thingavers. I was supersized to see most attachments where labeled defuser directing the air away from the work. What am I not realizing about blowing air onto the work vs away?

2. phil from seattle

phil from seattle Journeyman
    Builder

The goal is to collect the dust, not spray it all over the place. The router bypass is part of an overall Dust Collection scheme.

#2 phil from seattle, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
  3. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Whether you should or shouldn't depends entirely on what you're cutting. If you're cutting MDF blowing air on it only sends dust into the air that you really don't want to be breathing. If you're cutting aluminum extra air is good as it it cools the bit and clears chips away to keep them from welding. But a basic diverter won't do the trick. For it to be effective it has to be very concentrated and fairly powerful and such systems are generally made with loc-line nozzles attached to air compressors.

Batcrave likes this.