Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Designing 3D Printers -- Book excerpts and discussion

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Neil Rosenberg, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Neil Rosenberg

Neil Rosenberg Journeyman
    Builder

Hi all. I am pleased to provide excerpts from my newly published book "Designing 3D Printers: Essential Knowledge". It is my hope that this will trigger discussion on the various subjects. As I make clear in the book, there generally isn't a "best" way of solving any given challenge, I look forward to hearing about how you have achieved 3D printing greatness.

In this first introductory installment I discuss basics of 3d printing and some of the mechanical aspects of designing a stable frame. This section also introduces the subject of "in-context design". Of course Openbuilds products are highlighted. In addition please find the Table Of Contents; other excerpts will be uploaded over time, so check back here often.

Feel free to comment here about the subject matter or anything else (3D printing related, please). I will update the book over time to keep it as current and clear as possible -- constructive feedback is welcomed.

If anyone wishes to reach me directly please send a private message at the email address in my Profile page.

Enjoy!

Neil

P.S. The full book can be purchased from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Designing-3D-Printers-Essential-Knowledge/dp/1082381861

Attached Files:

#1 Neil Rosenberg, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    sharmstr and Peter Van Der Walt like this.
  2. Neil Rosenberg

Neil Rosenberg Journeyman
    Builder

Here is the 2nd installment, hope you guys enjoy! This section talks about squaring up frames, and the different linear bearing types.

Attached Files: