Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Custom Probe actions

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Tklus, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Tklus

Tklus New
    Builder

I have a suggestion for the custom probe dialog. And I think it would be pretty easy to implement.

currently the probe is assuming the endmill is to the left of the probe. Let’s say for the x axis... the tool would move x+ until it detects the probe.
    Let’s say I want to probe something from the other side. With the tool to the right of the probe. Then the probe operation would need to jog x- until it hits the probe.

I really like the visual photo showing which direction the tool will be traveling during the probe, this is very intuitive. Can we have a radio button, to choose x+ or x- travel direction and the visual would change to reflect what option is chosen. If it makes it easier, even if there was extra tabs for the different directions. ie. XYZ probe, XY, X+, X-,Y+,Y-, Z...

I just know in personal experience, sometimes I want to set zero on one side of a long part verses the other...

thoughts?

Thanks,
    Tim

upload_2021-1-11_13-4-38.png

bluer6440 likes this.
  2. Tklus

Tklus New
    Builder

coming back to this... is this something that could be added in an update? seems like it would be very valuable...

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

4. bluer6440

bluer6440 New
    Builder

This would be very useful. Great suggestion!