Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Corner Connector wheel Assembly : missing something

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Pierre GERARD, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Pierre GERARD

Builder

Hi,

I was not sure where to post this, but I have an issue with the assembly of the v-wheels to the corner connectors.

When you connect a wheel to a corner connector using a M5 screw and a spacer, it is impossible to position precisely the wheel as the 5mm screw moves around in the 7.2mm diameter hole of the corner connector.

The eccentric spacer has a flange which solves the issue but using eccentric spacers on all wheel assemblies will again generate positioning issues.

I join a picture to clarify what I am talking about (I hope).

I must have missed something somewhere to solve the issue. Is there a spacer with a flange which I have missed in the store ? Another solution?

Thanks for your comments.

Pierre

Attached Files:

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Yes, this approach will require eccentric spacers on all wheels. As far as positioning issues, just use careful attention while orienting the opposing spacers (which I know is not a great answer but the corner connectors weren't really designed for this purpose so you have to do what it takes to make them work).

3. Pierre GERARD

Builder

Thanks for your reply. On the other hand, a "flanged" spacer would work. Something like that and would be esay to make. I am probably going to go for that.

I can make it with my FDM printer but the part is so small, it is a bit brittle and the height is a bit off. So far, the cheapest way I have found to get it in PA12 is 1.8€. That would work I guess.

Attached Files: