Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Convert WorkBee 1510 to 1515

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by Ron Marshall, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Ron Marshall

Builder

Thinking of expanding my screw driven 1510 WorkBee to 1515. I think all I need is the longer 2040 X rails on front and back and 1 for behind the 'C' beam, longer X 'C' beam and longer X screw. My wiring was for a 1510/1515 configuration so it should be good and I have extra drag chain to extend it. Am I missing something? Is there a kit available?

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You may also want an additional lengthwise bed support to cover the additional width.

Ron Marshall likes this.
  3. Ron Marshall

Builder

Yes, I was figuring on that also. I can move my 1510 closer to one side and extend the other side about 12-15" to accommodate the extra width. I am mostly asking for the mechanical side of the expansion.

4. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

I think @Rick 2.0 meant an aluminium extrusion for the spoilboard support, and maybe brackets to fix it.
    Alex.

Ron Marshall and Rick 2.0 like this.
  5. Ron Marshall

Builder

OK that makes sense. Actually my spoil board is screwed to wood supports between the aluminum supports and those wood supports are screwed to the table top. I was thinking I would just spread out the existing aluminum supports and add more wood between them. My spoil board is actually three 1/2" (approx) layers, one plywood at the bottom between the supports and two 1/2" MDF layers on top of that. That way the bottom MDF have screw inserts for clamps and the top MDF is the actual waste board that has holes drilled for access to the screw inserts and can be changed without having to redo the inserts. I have T track mounted to the bottom MDF. I am going to replace the top 1/2" MDF with 3/4" MDF because after I leveled it, my aluminum T track is too close to the top.I already skimmed it once when I got my DOC a little deep.