Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

controller software dead in the water

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Nate Morrison, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Nate Morrison

Builder

I got my new blackbox installed it ran for about hour then it would disconnect when I would turn on the spindle. I installed the latest upgrade and and now I get an error message and the program will not run. Error message "Uncaught exception: can't read property' ends with' of undefined at app.electronapp.on C:program files (x86)\ openbuilds controls\resources\app.asar\index.js:2103:26) at app.emit(events.js:182:13". Is there a tech person that can help or is there a fix for this problem?

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hi Nate:

Disconnect issue: Not software related. EMI related. Make sure you have a USB cable with big ferrite on it. Also, I find that I have that issue when turning the router on with the switch on the router. If I plug the router into power strip and use the power strip on/off switch, the problem goes away.

Software: Javascript error reported and fix earlier today. Install 1.0.162.

Edit: For reference, here's the previous report I was referring to: OpenBuilds CONTROL Software

#2 sharmstr, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Aussie58 and Peter Van Der Walt like this.
  3. Nate Morrison

Builder

Thanks I was pulling my hair out night last night and this morning. Will first check on getting a new cable. I'm running a 2.2 kw spindle and EMI sounds like the bad guy.

Aussie58 and sharmstr like this.
  4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Ah. Okay, thought you had a router.

For the usb, find one that has a ferrite on both ends. More expensive, but worth it :)

5. Nate Morrison

Builder

I went to Fry's and picked up some sheilds and that took care of the problem. Thanks. This is all new for me so everything is a learning curve.

sharmstr and Peter Van Der Walt like this.