Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Control

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by A.J.W.E. Klappe, Jun 20, 2024.

1. A.J.W.E. Klappe

A.J.W.E. Klappe Well-Known
    Builder

Hello

This morning something strange happened when starting up Control. Normally when I start it up the unlock alarm light immediately starts flashing but not this time. I then shut down the computer and restarted it, but even then the alarm light did not light up. I then shut down control and immediately restarted it and the light was on. I'm on the latest version of control and this has never happened to me before. By the way, it is a very good program and I use it daily now that I am retired. I thought I should mention this.

Yours sincerely
    Bert Klappe

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If your connection attempt does not reboot the controller (We have recently changed some code in that regard to better support devices with native USB where we need manual control of the DTR line, so it doesn't reboot controllers as aggressively) it won't be alarmed, but doesn't really change anything. Still good practice to always Home on power up / connection / reset / alarm / etc
    If the controller is rebooted some other way (Reset button for example, or full power cycle) it will be alarmed

3. A.J.W.E. Klappe

Builder

Hello Peter,

It's so strange, I could just start my program and everything went fine but the dro stayed at zero and the pointer stayed at zero. I'll check again today to see if this happens again. You'll hear from me. My method is always the same, start the computer, power up the cnc, start control, insert USB connect to control, home the machine and then probe xyz, load my program and wait until it is done.
    Yours sincerely
    Bert Klappe

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Do you have BlackBox X32? If so make sure $10=511 (Required to make all the reporting like DROs and the Troubleshooting tab work)

5. A.J.W.E. Klappe

Builder

Hello Peter,

I still have the outdated Blackbox 4 running and it's working fine so far. I think I've more or less found the problem. When I get up in the morning I start the computer to read the news. Around ten o'clock I go into my workshop after closing the lid of my computer. In the workshop I then open the computer and do the things I wrote about in my previous post. This afternoon when starting Control it happened again that the alarm light did not light up again, but after closing Control and immediately starting Control again, the alarm light did work again. Tomorrow I want to try it with the computer at home completely shut down and then restart it in the workshop and see if the problem has been solved. It appeared after the last update to 377.
    By the way, I'm running on a Windows 11 laptop.

Yours sincerely
    Bert Klappe

6. A.J.W.E. Klappe

Builder

Hello Peter,

This morning I restarted the computer in the workshop and started up Control, but even then I first have to disconnect Control and start it up again before the alarm lamp starts to burn and I can start home.
    So the "problem" is not solved yet.

Yours sincerely
    Bert Klappe

7. Peter Van Der Walt

You don't have to wait for an alarm to be present. Can click Unlock and Home as usual

8. A.J.W.E. Klappe

Builder

Oke Peter,
    I will try that the next time. (monday)
    Thank you
    Yours sincerely
    Bert Klappe

9. Peter Van Der Walt

V1.0.378 will help with the issue, but can't release it at the moment - issues with the certificate authority access, waiting on accounts to help resolve.

When V1.0.378 is out that will resolve the issue

Build status Workflow runs · OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL

#9 Peter Van Der Walt, Jun 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2024
  10. A.J.W.E. Klappe

Builder

Hello Peter,

Indeed, the situation is still the same. You said you could just go home, but that's grayed out. So I still have to close control and restart it and then it works fine. Thank you for your attention to this. It wasn't a problem because I could still do my job and have fun. Yours sincerely Bert Klappe

11. Peter Van Der Walt