Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Control Software Issues (Scaling/Steps)

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Jamunga, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Jamunga

Jamunga New
    Builder

Hello all, I apologize if this was discussed elsewhere.....I did search the forums before posting (but maybe I did not use the correct terms). I have built an ACRO 1010 machine with BlackBox Motion Controller. Using the OpenBuilds CONTROL software, I downloaded the ACRO 1010 GRBL profile and flashed the BlackBox with no errors.

However, when I jog the machine 1", it moves 4 and 3/8". I am assuming a scaling factor is off or steps are wildly off. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks! Jason

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Using something non-stock from our Acro? Different controller, different pulleys, etc?

Wizards and Tools menu > Calibration

3. Jamunga

Jamunga New
    Builder

I might have stumbled on it......my steps are showing 250/mm. 250 steps/4.375" is magically 57.143 (which appears to be the real steps/mm). For some reason when I pulled the ACRO 1010 profile it did not update the settings. When I change to ACRO 510, the steps show 57.143/mm. Change back to ACRO 1010 and it shows 57.143. My initial loading of ACRO 1010 evidently did not work.

Giarc and Peter Van Der Walt like this.