Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

control not responding/freezing/hanging up when selecting gcode file option in windows 10.

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Stephen Paul, May 10, 2022.

1. Stephen Paul

Builder

control worked this morning and not a single thing has changed but the time now. i cannot open any files in control making my lead 1010 machine literally worthless. my maslow machine is now better than this 100lb paper weight and the maslow maxes out completely at 40 inches per minute cutting melted butter. I have only been able to get to a point where i go to select my gcode file like ive done sincepurchase in october- november without a single issue except now nothing will respond in control but actually starting control and connecting my machine through usb it does everything but let the file explorer in control actually get to the point of opening my file . it fully stops and laggs out causing the ole sole lovely you cant do **** literally now steve. aka not responding........ thats where im to the point of a 5 gallon bucket of tanerite would do me better honestly of course this is after my second router 11 failure and the replacement 11 has under 5ish hours of use when a bearing failed this morning. somebody help my before i literally blow this thing to pieces. fml fmr

2. Christian James

Christian James Journeyman
    Builder

I think it would help if you could just describe the problem you are having - all these funny phrases clogging up your post just confuses those of us who are willing to offer free time to help you.

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Please rather contact the store via Support > New Ticket - with a detailed problem description thanks

4. Stephen Paul

Builder

i am unable to get control to actually get to the point where it will let me select the gcode file i have made to cut out on my lead machine. worked fine yesterday but not lastnight. look at the screenshot i took it should explain the issue im now having. i have uninstalled and reinstalled restarted, ran as admin, compatability mode nothing fixes it. every other program on my pc works just fine. ive been waiting about 20 minutes for it to open file explorer in control and its just stuck there i can move my machine etc etc just cant select anything in the open gcode option where it opens file explorer and you select the file i/you use to open the gcode file in control. nothing has changed but the time. why is control not opening a thing with the file explorer in control windows 10 64bit 8gbram very decent i3 intel processor , 128gb solid state drive.. look at the screenshot. over 30+ minutes waiting now and not a thing but it hanging up when going to select my gcode file in the open gcode tab in control. never had a problem till yesterday

Attached Files:

5. Peter Van Der Walt

No other similar reports, so must be something on your PC.

V1.0.321 has been out for over a week, with 5900 installs, if it was CONTROL, someone would have complained by now :)
    Please try a different computer, or a fresh OS reinstall

upload_2022-5-11_15-11-9.png

6. Stephen Paul

Builder

HERE IS ME COMPLAINING .....................................................NOW ITS TWO COMPLAINTS. ALREADY POSTED YESTERDAY AND YOU LOCKED THE ISSUE NOT HELPING AT ALL.
    wow seriously thats just a horrible way to tell me you just cant help me then.. you think its something on my pc huh. like what ???EVERY OTHER PROGRAM ON MY LAPTOP RUNS JUST FINE. ONLY CONTROL IS FUBAR AND ITS NOT A THING THAT I DID TO THE PROGRAM OR MY LAPTOP. SO ONE CUSTOMER HAS AN ISSUE AND YOUR SOLUTION FOR THEM IS WE CANT HELP YOU O WELL. i have done just about anything i can think of to try and remedy this stupid error. its not going away with an uninstall or literally anything i can possibly do so one person has an issue where they cant even run their machine which i paid over 2k for and the end result is sucks to be me basicly huh. TOO BAD YOUR THE ONLY HELP ON HERE YOU LOCKED MY OTHER SUPPORT POST ENDING IT THANKS FOR NOTHING LITERALLY. ILL BE CALLING YOUR BOSS TODAY HAVE FUN WITH THAT

7. Peter Van Der Walt

Please contact the STORE via Support for assistance, as also mentioned in your other thread. Thanks

8. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

9. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team

He stated over on the FB page that it was caused by Windows display scaling. Once he set it back to 100% the issue was gone.

David the swarfer likes this.
  10. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

so in other words 'something changed between morning and evening' (-:

Giarc, Alex Chambers and sharmstr like this.
  11. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Something to do with his PC then? :rolleyes:

Giarc likes this.