Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CONTROL Blanks out while loading g-code

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Bug Report' started by DHosslerLanp, Feb 16, 2020.

1. DHosslerLanp

Builder

I am getting a blank screen after I try to load my roughing pass into CONTROL. I can load the finishing pass just fine and other files load without a problem. I tried resizing the image just to see if it was just a bug but no luck. I have attached a screenshot as well as the g-code for the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

2.6 million lines in that file, not what one would expect from roughing (-:

are you using fusion ? or at least something with an option to apply 'smoothing' to reduce the number of points?

else do your roughing with a bigger tool which will result in less lines of code and less time and as a side effect, something that the 3D viewer can handle.

your stepover is about 0.6mm. or about 15% of the bit diameter
    for roughing that should be more like 60 to 85%

rough with a flat end tool, they can cut faster, then do the final pass with the ball end.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

As David said, that file is insanely large, and therefore crashing the 3D viewer.

Sidenote, you can completely disable the 3D viewer (from Troubleshooting > Application Diagnostics) if you can live without it - but even then with a file that big it may still have other issues like running out of memory, etc. Best to fix the root cause first