Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Control Becomes Non-Responsive

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Doug Martin, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Doug Martin

Builder

I've searched but haven't stumbled across this topic. If its out there can some one point me in the right direction...I'm having issues with Control becoming non-responsive after projects in excess of an hour or so. Shorter projects not so much of an issue. I've disabled the 3D viewer as a potential resource drag. I notice that very often the Serial Console and the DRO very significantly lag the actual carve and I've wondered if I just need to ride it out until these display process 'catch up'. When this happens I have no option but to Quit using the right click on the Control Tray icon and restart/rehome.

I'm thinking this could be related to USB function on the computer. It is a mini running Windows 10 Pro. Interestingly, in the Power Options -> Advanced Settings window I do not have an option provided for disabling the USB Power Suspend function. The USB Serial option in the Device Manager does have the option to "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" option grayed out.

A coupe times when this has happened I have gone into Task Manager to see what is going on and noticed that OpenBuild Control memory usage is pretty high (578 M one time and 854 M earlier today). Not sure what the memory usage should be but this seems awfully high.

Anyway, any insights that anyone could provide would be appreciated.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I'd suggest replacing that PC with a decent one I'm afraid.

That's very little, a big 3d carving finishing pass gcode file can generate a 3D view that needs in the order of gigabytes of RAM.