Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Connecting Computer to BB after installing a Interface

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by LeeG, Dec 9, 2021.

1. LeeG

LeeG New
    Builder

Hello,

I'm having problems.
    1. I see the interface doesen't allow me to change the jog distance so I can fine tune my setup.

2. How can I get access to the BB after I've installed the Interface? I''ve tried by installing a cable from the Interface to the computer but no luck.

3. Rather than use the Interface how can I controll my CNC router 10/10 using the computer? Something I'd like to be able to do to see just what's happening while the router is running. BTW I really enjoy using the Interface!!

4. I'm also having password problems now. I realize that we can't solve that here. Could you please get me a link so I can get my password setup again.

Thanks for any and all help to get me going. I really appreciate it.

Lee

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You can use passthrough in this way - but it is limited (remember Interface is intended to replace the PC, not compliment it)
    Make sure to use a USB-C Data cable - not the included USB power cable
    Not ideal though

Plug USB cable into BlackBox - Interface effectively "disconnects" at that point and the direct USB connection to BlackBox takes over

Use OpenBuildsCONTROL
    See:

Use the Forgot password link on the login page

It uses Continuous Jog - but use the Jog Speed buttons to "slow it down" for finer moves
    See the demonstration video showing how to use it here: docs:interface:usage-instructions [OpenBuilds Documentation]

PS: Our documentation is linked quite a bit from this answer, so do remember to go look over on docs.openbuilds.com :)

sharmstr likes this.
  3. LeeG

LeeG New
    Builder

Thanks for your answere and if just reinforces Read The Book or documentation.