Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Connected but no control

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Flyinb, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Flyinb

Flyinb New
    Builder

Just finished my work bee 1500x1500. X pro 5 controller, Openbuilds cam and control software. Software seems to run correctly, computer connects to controller through comm 3 it seems but zero control, jogging ect. Am i missing something? or could the X pro 5 be DOA? When i try to jog i get the message "Took a couple pictures of the screen as well. Please wait for machine to be idle before jogging" what does that mean?
    Thanks, Bruce

Attached Files:

• CNC2.jpg
      CNC2.jpg
      File size:
      230.6 KB
      Views:
    • CNC1.jpg
      CNC1.jpg
      File size:
      209.7 KB
      Views:
    • CNC.jpg
      CNC.jpg
      File size:
      156.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Flyinb

Flyinb New
    Builder

Thanks Peter, Will try another control software and see what happens, maybe CNCjs? Guess i am really lagging in the software knowledge department.

4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

According to Spark Concepts website, that's what they suggest. CNC xPRO V5

5. Flyinb

Flyinb New
    Builder

I tried CNCjs as well, I really am missing something here LOL. I thought you just hook up the computer, start the control software and go, not working that way. CNCjs connected no problem but no controlling, curser just turns to red circle when i hover over control buttons. Built a cnc plasma cutter years ago that ran on DOS, kinda thought this would be more plug and play i guess.

6. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Post your $$ settings here, many people get tripped up with $4=1 (needs to be or it will never move)
    Take any limit, coolant, door, or home switches wires off until you get things moving right.
    Did you double check your motor poles and not just use the colors?
    Cheers
    Gary

7. Flyinb

Flyinb New
    Builder

Thanks Gary, Not exactly sure what "$$ settings" are as i am just learning this thing but i think i figured out the problem, motor wires are all correct as well as the other wiring. I think the problem is with the E switch, did not check if it is N/O or N/C, i think there may be a conflict with it and how the controller is set up for it. Will check it out after the coffee kicks in this morning.

Bruce

8. Flyinb

Flyinb New
    Builder

Got it sorted out, it seems the laptop i was using has a bad keyboard, switched computers and seem to be working fine, just need to learn how to operate it properly.
    Bruce

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  9. Allistar

Allistar New
    Builder

I use the XPro V5 with my Lead 1515 machine. I use their web interface (ESP32) to set grbl settings, and I use CNCjs for running GCode files, homing etc. The combination works well, though I've had issues with the touch probe.

10. Flyinb

Flyinb New
    Builder

Hey Allistar, Sounds like we have very similar setups as i have a 1515 workbee. I am using CNCjs as well and barely have a clue of its functions at this time. Not sure i completely understand the purpose of the ESP32, seems you can change settings with CNCjs, sure i am missing something.

11. Allistar

Allistar New
    Builder

CNCjs seems more configurable and gives better visualisation of the pattern being cut. You can use ESP32 to run gcode files though. One benefit is you can use ESP32 using wifi but I think CNCjs needs to be connected with USB.