Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Code 9, machine stop

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by A.J.W.E. Klappe, Feb 25, 2023.

1. A.J.W.E. Klappe

A.J.W.E. Klappe Well-Known
    Builder

hello all,

Today I was working on my CNC again (openbuilds 1015) and I had an error code 9 , the machine stopped and the program was closed. He was doing a roughing and was in the fourth layer. I have homed the machine and restarted it. He was almost back to the fourth layer and the same thing happened again. It happened three times in total. When I wanted to restart my router for the fourth time, my Makita router did nothing at all. I inspected the carbon brushes and indeed they were completely worn. I deployed new ones and at the end of the day the program finished everything without stopping again. I was glad I had an extra set and I immediately ordered five new sets. This was the second time in five years I had to replace them. The router is now also running a bit quieter.

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

the worn brushes makes more sparks on the commutator.
    more sparks means more electrical interference (EMI) is transmitted.
    and that is what caused your error 9, the EMI caused an error before the error9, you need to look in the serial terminal to see what it was so you can fix it and make the system more resistant to EMI.

3. A.J.W.E. Klappe

A.J.W.E. Klappe Well-Known
    Builder

Hi David,
    Since the beginning of last year, when I purchased the blackbox, openbuilds limit switches and the XYZ probe, I have not had any problems. I found it strange that the machine stopped, especially because I work with it every day. Only after I switched the router back on the fourth time and it stopped working did I realize that it must be the carbon brushes. They have now been replaced and I can get back to work. I'm happy again.

Bert

Giarc and sharmstr like this.