Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Co2 Laser Cutter/Engraver Rotary Attachment

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by pedrofernandez, Feb 4, 2019.

1. pedrofernandez

pedrofernandez Journeyman
    Builder Resident Builder

Giarc likes this.
  2. mrsocks

mrsocks New
    Builder

Hello,

This looks great. Would you be able to post the files to cut the pieces for this model? I would like to make this one over the newetal version.

Also, what are the roller guides used? Do they mount to a plate laser cut from acrylic as well?

This will work on a Ruida based co troller, correct?

Thanks

3. pedrofernandez

Builder Resident Builder

new version Laser Rotary Tool / Attachment

4. mrsocks

mrsocks New
    Builder

Thanks for the link to the new one, but I like the simplicity of this one for the vertical adjustment. The new style looks like it would be possible that the support side might not be parallel with the drive wheels. Unless I use calipers to measurewhich is what I have to do now.
    Also, the single, wider rail system seems like it would be less prone to twisting, which is what is happening with the current one I am using.

I'm still new to this stuff, and am a bit unclear on if this would work on my RUIDA based controller.

As one suggestion on the new version, would you be able to flip the drive gears to the other side of the plate and eliminate the need for the coupler?

Thanks.

5. pedrofernandez

Builder Resident Builder

the free wheel system of the new design is the commonly use around, the plates are cut and placed parallel in measure with the main plate, this design is to tall for most machines, what type of machine do you have

6. mrsocks

mrsocks New
    Builder

I have a Preenex (I think) 50W 500mmx300mm engraver. It goes pretty deep. I need to be able to do Yeti tumbers and 32 oz wide mouth hydro flask, pint glasses, and the wide wouth Ozark trail tumblers.

From the way it looks though, you could take the bed from this one (with the single extrusion) and add it to the motor setup of the new version.Which is my plan if I end up building one of these. I was going to add holes to the bottom of the gear plate to mount thia single rail system.

Currently the one I am using keeps causing the items to spiral away or towards the motor as it turns. I can fiddle with it for a while on and off and get it better, but it takes a lot to get it to be reliable. I would think that the locked together position of these bed design would help eliminate that.