Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC Xpro v5

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Rob Atha, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Rob Atha

Rob Atha New
    Builder

Hi all

just wondering f I can get some hep here as I’ve not heard back from Spark-Concepts.

I’ve been looking for a new controller to go with my new machine I’m building, I currently use a Duet WiFi board but sometimes the lack of support when trying to find information is annoying.

anyway I’m wanting to know firstly, will this controller accept inductive limit sensors instead of the mechanical type? I also have twin sensors on both Y axis so I can independently home each Y axis to keep everything squared, so is that possible on this board?

I’d be grateful af any help on these points please

2. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

You could try pinging @Spark Concepts on their official V5 project thread: CNC xPRO V5

But in general, any control should accept inductive limit sensors, because they have internal (Schmitt?) trigger circuits that convert the coil's analog output to a binary switch output, which is all the control is looking for. If you stick a piece of metal in front of your sensors and a multimeter goes from 0V to 5V (or 24V to 0V or however you have it wired) it'll work.

As for auto-squaring, V5 appears to run some kind of port of Grbl_ESP32, so check that project's Github wiki for details.

3. warwickben1986

Builder

$Homing/Squared=Y
    you also need to change the y axis to its own homing cycle.

if the pins are setup correctly it will work, plug one in and if it says in the string pn:y2 it will work.

i was gonna just test it on the machine i built.once it get it wrapped up.

Motor Ganging and Axis Squaring · bdring/Grbl_Esp32 Wiki

#3 warwickben1986, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022