Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC Router Survey Results

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Batcrave, May 11, 2020.

1. Batcrave

Batcrave Journeyman
    Builder

CNC Cookbook (who make the phenomenally-useful-if-inconveniently-priced G-Wizard feed & speed calculatamator thingy that I still haven't gotten around to writing up for the resources section - sorry, Mark!) has a [ blog | handy tips mailing list | recycled spam generator ] that, among other [ useful | annoying ] things, occasionally runs surveys about various CNCish stuff. This one was focused on what CNC routers people were using (both hobby & pro).

The full (or partial-with-more-results-being-promised-next-week) article, for anyone who wants to check it out, is at https://www.cnccookbook.com/cnccookbook-2020-cnc-router-survey/ , but there were a few points I found especially interesting.

One thing I was a little surprised to see when I took it was that OpenBuilds wasn't one of the machine makes listed in the multiple choice section.

...but clearly that didn't keep us from making a showing:

[​IMG]

(also consider the fact that, for anyone who didn't want to/didn't think to write in "OpenBuilds" under "Other", or figured it didn't count if they weren't building from a kit, the closest choice would've been "DIY from parts", so the real score may be a little higher)

On the fact that we weren't included on the list of choices:
    OpenBuilds was nowhere in evidence in 2017 and now has the #5 spot with 4.9%. They edged out Inventables, which has fallen to #6 and lost share going from 5% to 4.2%.
    (sorry, Inventables!)

Also worth noting are the results of the customer satisfaction section. Specifically the hobbyist award, which was won by some obscure little upstart that no one had even heard of three years ago...
    [​IMG]

The survey had simply asked everyone to rate their machine as either "Not So Good", "It's OK", or "It Rocks!"...

So apparently OpenBuilds rocks. Who knew? ;)

Congratulations @OpenBuilds, congratulations @Mark Carew, @Peter Van Der Walt, @Rick 2.0, @MaryD, @David the swarfer and all the many people on the team that I don't know and/or wasn't caffeinated enough to remember, and congratulations to all the hundreds or thousands of other people here on the forums who help with ideas, support, and not pointing out that I'm a moron.

-Bats
    (there should probably be something flippant and dismissive here, but, no, really - just congratulations, everyone)

stuart wallace, Giarc, brrian and 3 others like this.
  2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Great post thanks for sharing Bats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    :thumbsup:

p.s. Bats I will be sharing this in the morning meeting with the Team thank you for your support and the kind words.

Giarc likes this.