Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC Bench ideas

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Felix_Hauser, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Felix_Hauser

Builder

Hi there,

I own an Ooznest 1000x1000 Workbee which works quite well and I hasn't given me any major problems.

I am trying to dial down the accuracy, which I think could be better. One thing it's bothering me and I think it could have something to do with accuracy is the bench the Workbee sit on. It wobbles quite a bit.

So, I'm looking for a new bench for my Worbee, so I am curious to know if somebody has an interesting design or idea. A part from being stable and wobble free, ideally it would be nice to have some wheel system to move it around a little bit for servicing purposes.

Any input would be much appreciated! thanks in advance!

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I built a torsion box that is very heavy and sturdy and fastened the frame to it. Lead Screw Driven Ox Derivative (850x1500)

I mounted it on a frame I purchased from Amazon. You can see it here if you scroll down to the December-January 16, 2017 entry towards the bottom. Lead Screw Driven Ox Derivative (850x1500) It is big enough that I am expanding my CNC to 1000mm wide vs the existing 850mm. I then put it on a wheeled base that can support the weight. and I also ordered the expansion kit. I went with the heavy duty plastic frame and made my own 2x4s from plywood because then it would be dimensionally stable in the moist environment I live in. 2x4s expand and contract.