Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Check Size Error: 20 Usupported Gcode

Discussion in 'CAM' started by zixhwizs, Feb 1, 2020.

1. zixhwizs

zixhwizs New
    Builder

I'm having an issue with this error when trying to make a cut. I'm very new at this, so it may well be operator error, but I'm getting this error when I try to check the size of a g-code file:

error: 20 - Unsupported or invalid g-code command found in block. [ $J=G90G21X2.6232941150665283 Y2.220446049250313e-16 F4978.40 ]​

I've made a model of my workspace in fusion360 to plow the channels for t-tracks in my spoilerboard. I'm running a Workbee 1510 with the blackbox controller and using the swarfer post processor to create the .nc file. When loading the .nc file into OpenBuilds CONTROL v1.0.205 and running Check Size, the X & Y axes begin moving and the error above is presented in a window. The X & Y movement continues for a what I'm guessing is completing the last command, then stops. If I just try a dry run with the z-axis high and no bit in, the router movement seems correct.

I've looked at the .nc file in a text editor and in the CONTROL gcode editor, but don't see that line. There are two G90 lines in the file, and only one G21, all of which are the first non-comment lines in the file:
    G90 G94
    G17
    G21

(Operation 1 of 1 : 2D Adaptive3)

G90
    G53 G0 Z-10
    G54
    S16000 M3
    G4 P1.8
    X-53.023 Y-704.285​

Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this, or how I can fix it?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Your Post Processor on Fusion is adding too many decimal places - so much so its getting converted to scientific notation :)
    Make sure you are using Fusion 360: grbl post processor install (the easy way) it will output the correctly formatted GCODE for Grbl