Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Cannot get the router to turn on

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Jayhawk714, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Jayhawk714

Builder

I am running an Inventables X-carve 1000. I do have a Jtech diode laser for it also. I just setup the Openbuilds 24 volt power supply, the X-32 Blackbox and the IOT Switching Relay Power Strip. Everything seems to be working, well, at least most of the time, except the router. I can not get it to turn on. I have the IOT wired into the x32 per instructions. The router is the only thing plugged into the IOT and have in plugged into a Normally Off slot. On the x32 the only icons on is the power icon and a square icon at the upper far right( the print is so small I cannot see it's name). I have the x32 jumper on the 5 volt not knowing if it should be on that or the 24 volt. Any idea what I'm missing or doing wrong in the setup???

UPDATE- Peter got me up and running. Had to change a GRBL setting. 0/05/23

#1 Jayhawk714, Jun 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Is the router itself turned on? That is the one thing I do not see you mentioning.

Are you attempting to turn it on with the tool on/off in Control, or relying on gcode commands in your file?

3. Jayhawk714

Builder

Yes, the router switch is turned on. I am trying to turn it on with the tool on/off in Control. Everything works except for the router. The jog commands work for all axis's, and the probe works. With a file loaded and click the "Run Job" the router goes to the correct location and follows the tool-path but the router does not turn on.

4. Fifth_rendition

Builder

What was the GRBL setting? I've had intermittent issues, though I suspect they may not be related to yours.
    Thank you!

5. Jayhawk714

Builder

Go to this page and just scroll down a little bit and you will see the two settings. it's just under the Laser Mode Overview. You can create yourself two macros and switch between the two depending if you want to use the laser or router.

Grbl v1.1 Laser Mode

Fifth_rendition likes this.