Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Can not get my stepper motors to run

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Stacey Miller, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Stacey Miller

Builder

I have a WorkBee from China (Bulkman3d) and it is assembled. My Stepper motors have never worked, I thought it may be the software I was using..... and so I switched from Mach 3 to the Black Box..... Same problem The motors are grinding and erratically changing direction.I can move the lead screws turning them by hand, they turn easily. I am about ready to replace all the wiring. Has anyone had this problem???? I own a smaller 3040 t CNC and it works, That is what made me want to step up in size.

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

SPAM does not sell genuine Openbuilds parts. They are a Chinese company that uses cheaper parts and their motors are not from the same supplier, so most likely the wire pairs are not the same as the stepper motors Openbuilds uses. Therefore, you need to identify the wire pairs if you have not already. What you are describing sounds like loose or mis-wired stepper motors. Did you match the wire pairs up? docs:blackbox:faq-identify-motor-coils [OpenBuilds Documentation]

3. Stacey Miller

Builder

Thank You for the response.....
    I wired it according to the wiring Diagram. I have ordered from Open builds new connectors and a 24volt power supply as well.... The Euro Block connectors I have seem cheap, also if this does not work I am going to replace the wiring cables they spec out with a meter but I have been told they may be intermittent and actual wire is too thin. FYI I have been using a meanwell power supply but an older unit so I purchased the unit from open builds.