Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Calibration

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by John Raney, Apr 12, 2021.

1. John Raney

Builder

Hi, I am in the process of finishing my Workbee. I am trying to surface my spoilboard. I used vcarve pro to set up a pocket toolpath 30x48” with an extension of openbuilds inches. I loaded my memory stick into my Interface, and set x,y,z to 0. Then let her rip. I was very proud that all was working as expected but the job finished prematurely and the screen on the Interface said a proud Finished! I measured the x distance that was milled and it was 18 inches vs 30. I did notice that the run line at the bottom of the screen seemed correct for a guess. Do you think the machine doesn’t know what an inch is ie steps/inch. If so how would I go about fixing it. Do you think I may have a different problem that I am not aware of?

Thanks

john

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

did you load the workbee preset?
    upload_2021-4-13_8-42-43.png

After that you need to calibrate using this forum resource as information and the built in wizard as method.
    upload_2021-4-13_8-45-19.png

Remember to use the longest movement and measurement possible, short movements do not calibrate well, even with a dial indicator.

Giarc and sharmstr like this.
  3. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Is your workbee belt, leadscrew or a combination of drive methods?
    Alex.

sharmstr likes this.
  4. John Raney

Builder

David

Thanks for the solution. I have an ob Interface and was able to load up the profile that i must not have put in correctly the first time. In any event I loaded up the correct one and corrected some directions and all worked fine. I smoothed out my spoil board and am ready to mill some very white popular for fancy table legs for a French provincial table. I will admit I did not check the exact steps/inch but i will. Thanks again John