Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Cable Carrier Falling Issue

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by CG_415, Sep 24, 2024.

1. CG_415

CG_415 New
    Builder

Hello, I have a build that includes a cable carrier, and I'm having an issue with the cable carrier sliding out of place. I added a ledge to the top of my rail system for the cable carrier to rest on, but the cable carrier sometimes slides forward and falls off of the rail. We have tried adding two pins to create a barrier preventing the cable carrier from sliding forward, but we are concerned that the cables will snag on the pins. Hopefully the image attached is sufficient in showing the setup. I'm wondering if anyone has found solutions for this type of issue.

Attached Files:

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

I can't tell from the pictures what kind of cable carrier you have. My X axis has a capacity of 48" cutting. That means that the overall size of the X axis it about 58" or so. I have my carrier starting at the center of the axis. That way it's overall length is short. The rest length I have the wires mounted on the axis' structure itself. The carrier itself is not much bigger than was needed to run all the wires through it. There is a top side and a bottom side to the carrier. My setup has no sag at all. The span of it, when the gantry is at it's X=0 is about 33", or so.
    My point is: make sure your carrier is bottom side on the X axis, make it shorter.

See if this may help you.