Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Bot

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Carl Feniak, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Star Crator

Builder

If you go this route, you really should design and build it in a CAD program first, it doesn't really matter which one you use, but because of the modifications to this design you'd be making, you'll need the help and measurements. All the openbuilds plates are open source, so someone can print them for you or machine them out of aluminum. If you're very set on building a machine using as many openbuilds parts/brackets as possible, it might be worthwhile to have a look around at other designs, some use as many brackets as they can for the machine, they just need printed parts for some more custom parts that would be difficult to mod a plate into.

The C-bot also only uses 30-40 printed parts, 45 max if you go with some extras or modifications.

If you change the wheels, I would recommend changing the current slanted slot to accept 2 eccentric spacers instead for each set of 4 wheels(2 wheels on 1 side of each carriage, might be able to use an eccentric space on each end of the bolts for the adjustment wheels). They're easy to adjust, and in the limited experience I've had with them, they didn't even come a little loose. It also might be easier than designing a set up that physically moves the wheel bolts with a set screw, or clamping like many delta printers use.

2. Carl Feniak

Carl Feniak Journeyman
    Builder

That is a bad a$$ looking bowden extruder gear. Link to the design?

#3032 Carl Feniak, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Austin Seagers likes this.
  3. Carl Feniak

Carl Feniak Journeyman
    Builder

I haven't been getting message notifications for a while so I assumed no new discussion was going on! Log on and there are 3 new pages.
    Yeah, I can see what I can do this weekend.

Spiffcow likes this.
  4. Carl Feniak

Carl Feniak Journeyman
    Builder

So we are now over 100 pages of posts! ... and I still haven't created a better discussion page or heard back from OpenBuilds on any planned improvements.
    Actually I have created a google community, but haven't populated much. If anyone wants editor access let me know.
    C-Bot 3D Printer - Community - Google+

Feedback? Worthwhile?

5. Star Crator

Builder

I think it looks good, I didn't know Google+ communities were searchable... or could have multiple sections. But with things being split up like that, will probably make it easier to track conversations.

6. AK Eric

AK Eric Journeyman
    Builder

Yah, thanks Carl: Personally I'd just shut this 'OpenBuilds Discussion' down (if you can?) and use the G+ group exclusively, will be far more easier to track conversations\threads.
    Personally, I wouldn't want to have discussions happening in two places.
    But that's just my opinion ;)

Muh_3d and Chris Roadfeldt like this.
  7. Chris Roadfeldt

Chris Roadfeldt Journeyman
    Builder

Agreed, if possible lock this board to keep the info and then add a sticky note or whatever can be done pointing folks to the new discussion forum is all that is needed here now.

8. Carl Feniak

Carl Feniak Journeyman
    Builder

I think that would have to be done by an OpenBuilds member. But yeah, breaking up the discussion would be counter productive to the added features moving to a google+ community. So probably just need to periodically remind folks and newcomers. I've added a link to the thingiverse post, will add it to the build here as well.

C-Bot/D-Bot 3D Printer - Community - Google+

Chris Roadfeldt likes this.
  9. hax0red

hax0red New
    Builder

I had considered the concentric spacers but honestly I am not too happy with openbuilds. Just before ordering the wheels they were apparently including 2 washers which the picture still indicated and downgraded the wheel package to one while charging quite a bit per washer for additional washers with proper OD to engage the bearing plus at the price I paid they aren't machined too well considering a cheap set I used to build my Kossel have worked quite a bit better in regards to finish & design.

Since I was low on washers with the proper OD and refused to place another order with openbuilds I went ahead and tapered the openbuild spacers with a dremel tonight(pictured below). To finish 18 aluminum spacers took about 20-25 minutes.

20160723_004857.jpg 20160723_005015.jpg 20160723_005241.jpg 20160723_005330-1.jpg 20160723_005402.jpg

CapnBry, Muh_3d and Carl Feniak like this.
  10. Austin Seagers

Austin Seagers Well-Known
    Builder

Cheers Carl.

I generated it using my pinion gear generator Gear generator for Solidworks (Straight / Helix / Herringbone) by austingeorge
    I've not released it as its made to fit my extruder which I also haven't released. It also won't fit any normal wades style design (unless i magically chose the same gear profile characteristics)

I can bob over a few drawings or renders if you fancy whipping one up yourself?

11. ZachScott

ZachScott New
    Builder

In the process of finishing a d-bot build and was wondering if anyone has any info on CoreXy for smoothieware. Have a Mks Sbase on order and was hoping to find some info before i started getting into it. I see some stuff on there github but not much more than that.

12. David Wong

Builder

Anyone have a working config file for d-bot on smoothieware?

13. Star Crator

Builder

Are you using an actually smoothieboard? The configs are slightly different depending on which control board you're using, I'm running smoothieware on an Azteeg X5 v1.1 right now.

14. David Wong

Builder

I'm using smoothieware clone mks sbase.
    Cant find more info on corexy with smoothieware. Need an example config file as a reference to set up mine.

15. Spiffcow

Spiffcow Well-Known
    Builder

I use Smoothieware on an MKS SBase. Works fine. Just download the latest Smoothie firmware and follow the instructions on the wiki

16. David Wong

Builder

Mine sharing your files as reference?

17. Spiffcow

Spiffcow Well-Known
    Builder

18. Spiffcow

Spiffcow Well-Known
    Builder

Sure, next time I'm on my home computer

Muh_3d likes this.
  19. David Wong

Builder

Thank a lot . Let me know where to download after u upload it somewhere. Thanks again

20. bob123

bob123 New
    Builder

anyone here know how well the full size wheel modification works that is listed by pushpreet in the files, or if there is another mod floating out there to do this?

21. Muh_3d

Muh_3d New
    Builder

I am excited about the Google+ page:thumbsup: :)

Carl Feniak likes this.
  22. Carl Feniak

Carl Feniak Journeyman
    Builder

I don't recall seeing a finished build with the full size wheels, but do remember discussing it.

23. Spiffcow

Spiffcow Well-Known
    Builder

Sorry for the wait. Here's my config file.. Also, don't forget to jumper the Z steppers.

Attached Files:

Muh_3d and David Wong like this.
  24. David Wong

Builder

thank a lot buddy. what do u mean by "jumper the Z steppers"? (sorry cos im very new in this)

25. Spiffcow

Spiffcow Well-Known
    Builder

There's an explanation on the appendix of the smoothieware website. I strongly urge you to read the entire guide before wiring up your board.. It's by far the best documention you'll find for a controller board

3D Printer Guide - Smoothie Project

Muh_3d and David Wong like this.
  26. David Wong

Builder

Just to clarified:
    Did u use auto leveling?
    What kind of controller u use with mks sbase?
    And
    what is your print volume?

27. Spiffcow

Spiffcow Well-Known
    Builder

I did use auto-leveling. I'm not sure what you mean by the controller used? I use the serial-over-USB connection for communicating with it, though I'll be switching to Octoprint in the near future. Print volume is conservatively 300x300x300mm, though I could probably extend it to 350x350x400 without major modifications.

28. David Wong

Builder

I meant what type of LCD controller u r using with tour mks board?

29. Spiffcow

Spiffcow Well-Known
    Builder

I'm not using one

David Wong likes this.
  30. Elmo Clarity

Elmo Clarity Journeyman
    Builder

Sorry for the long delay in replying. The forum messed up again and I just realized tonight I hadn't heard anything from the C-Bot group in awhile. I got about a month worth of threads to catch up on (10 pages).

The fan shroud was one I found on Thingiverse. I haven't been able to find the project, but here is the STL file with both a left and right handed version.

EDIT: I see that Carl posted right after answering the question. :)

Attached Files: