Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Bug report?

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by RoosterTX, Aug 17, 2021.

1. RoosterTX

RoosterTX Well-Known
    Builder

I wanted to post what I'm seeing, as it's pretty repeatable and can create a bad situation when it happens.

Long story short - my wireless network isn't great in my shop. Sometimes I use my phone to control the Openbuilds control through the mobile widget. When my network goes down, I have to refresh the page. When I refresh the page, the jog increment defaults to 10mm per jog, vs what I left it on. What has happened a couple of times to me is that when setting my Z zero height, I'll need to refresh the page, or the page will refresh it self because the network connection blanks on me.

What I don't realize when this happens, as I was taking Z down my .1mm per jog, now the increment is set to 10mm, and I accidentally drive my bit into my work. My fault for not checking it, I know, but why does it default to such a high number? Can I change this maybe?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

While I do see your point, the refreshing is not a normal part of the workflow - fixing the network would make it perform "as designed". Will consider storing the mode - but do note that your situation itself is the unique difference. Setup a little wifi AP/Switch directly near the computer just for this purpose - wire it to your main network if you need Internet too.

PS - get yourself one of these XYZ Touch Probe Plus - no more tiny-z-jogging efforts required anymore (;

David the swarfer likes this.
  3. RoosterTX

RoosterTX Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks Peter. Good ideas all.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.