Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Brand Newbie Cnc Build Gone Wrong!!! Need Help

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Aaron L Hatley, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Aaron L Hatley

Builder

Hey everyone... I have jumped off the deep end of cnc building and have built a 5 ft x 5 ft cnc machine...
    The mechanical part was purchased here and using workbee 5 x 5 open build platform.
    The motors are
    SainSmart CNC 4-Axis Kit with TB6600 Driver ST4045 & Nema23 270oz-in Stepper Motor, USB Controller Card, Nema23 Stepper Motor and 36V Power Supply...
    The board was usb and I could not get it located by mach3 software... switched boards to
    LIPOVOLT 5 Axis CNC Interface Adapter Breakout Board For Stepper Motor Driver Mach3 W/USB

This board has a parallel port and usb the usb for power... it can also get 5 volts directly from power supply if usb is not used.
    I have tried three different computers... the one I am currently using is a windows 7 32 bit meeting all requirements from mach3 when I plug in the parallel port it doesn't see the controller under devices... there are no mach3 drivers in device manager... when I plug in the controller to the computer the motors go rigid, and make an audible clunk noise almost a sound of engaging... I have never even looked at a cnc machine let alone build one... I have a background in electronics so I figured how hard could it be.... LOL any help would be appreciated even if it is to buy a new board motor kit etc... Thanks Pictures to follow

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Get a BlackBox: docs.openbuilds.com/blackbox for more info

Aaron L Hatley likes this.
  3. Aaron L Hatley

Builder

Haha it is in my cart as we speak I am going to try the openbuilds cam software and see if I can at least get some movement... but yes I think that is the answer as well... with the black box no motor controllers are needed it looks as if you wire the motors directly to the black box.

4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You cant use that 36V power supply with the blackbox. So, pick up the 24V in the OB store while you are at it.

OB Control only works with grbl based systems. So unless you wire those drivers to an arduino, it wont work.

Peter Van Der Walt and MaryD like this.