Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

BlackBox X32 + X&Z Conversion

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Nathan Rzeszewski, May 12, 2024.

1. Nathan Rzeszewski

Builder

Hi I made the choice to buy a Vevor evaluation 4 8080 cnc machine and found out after the fact that the guy had broken it before selling it to me. I have found the controller to be dead, I am planning on swapping in the open builds Blackbox x32 and I wanted to know, do I need to buy a power supply from open builds or can I use the 24v power supply from the old machine box (See included Pictures). I have also found the spindle mount to be very poorly mounted/ not very rigid or strong. I'd like to know what parts I should buy to convert the machine to use openbuild Z&X movement with openbuild spindle & spindle mount as well the extruded aluminum for the x movement is 39.5 inches across to the mounts. If anybody has the time for any advice I'd be greatly appreciative I am very new to the hobby and excited to learn.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Using our recommended PSU will protect your warranty. Cheap PSUs can cause surges, EMI issues and damage.

Might be best to resell the machine in current condition and put the funds toward a Kit. Its not always trivial to build a machine and mixing and matching is a tough one. Might be more frustration than its worth