Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

BlackBox X32 limits

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Trey Tucker, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Trey Tucker

Builder

Good morning everybody. I am building a custom cnc plamsa table that I designed and I want to use two homing limits on the Y gantry in order to make sure that the gantry is square with the table before it starts a cut. Is there a way to do this with the X32 seeing as it only has 3 limits? I will be using the Z limit for my Z travel so I will not be able to use that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My plan is to use prox sensors instead of mechanical limit switches. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

When enabling Autosquaring at http://svn.io-engineering.com:8080/?driver=ESP32&board=BlackBox X32 - the Probe input is repurposed as the Y2 switch (you lose probe support)

For more advanced config (like slaving Z and Y2 switches onto the single Z axis input - can work as Z can home first, then Y - grblHAL would know that when the "z" switch triggers during a Y2 move - that it was Y2) requires recompilation after manually editing the configation files: See GitHub - grblHAL/ESP32: grblHAL driver for ESP32

3. Trey Tucker

Builder

Okay thank you! I will look into this.