Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Blackbox won't connect

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Terret725, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Terret725

Terret725 New
    Builder

Ive had the blackbox for a couple weeks. had it all set up and running fine. my steppers were stalling at speeds my old mach3 board was fine with. so l turned up the current a smidge and the built in fuse in my PSU blew, im assuming it was my old board was 3.5amp drivers and this has 4, the PSU must have been right on the edge before. after getting a new fuse and turning the current back down I cant get it to connect to the computer anymore. at first i couldn't find the the device. after reinstalling the drivers i get below. I've pulled it out of the enclosure, unplugged everything but the usb, used the shortest cable i can find, tried different cables, pulled the auto reset jumper. I've striped down the box and checked for any burning. I don't see or smell anything burnt. checked with my jewelers loop. i also tried to reflash and it just says failed.

[22:07:31] [ 3D Viewer ] WebGL Support found! success: this application will work optimally on this device!

[22:07:32] [ websocket ] Bidirectional Websocket Interface Started Succesfully

[22:07:33] [ update ] Checking for Updates

[22:07:33] [ update ] You are already running OpenBuilds CONTROL 1.0.275

[22:07:38] [ usb ports ] Detected a change in available ports: [COM3]

[22:07:42] [ connect ] PORT INFO: Port is now open: COM3 - Attempting to detect Firmware

[22:07:42] [ connect ] Checking for firmware on COM3

[22:07:42] [ connect ] Detecting Firmware: Method 1 (Autoreset)

[22:07:43] [ connect ] Detecting Firmware: Method 2 (Ctrl+X)

[22:07:44] [ connect ] Detecting Firmware: Method 3 (others that are not supported)

[22:07:46] [ connect ] ERROR!: No supported firmware detected - See docs:blackbox:faq-usb-connection-failed [OpenBuilds Documentation] for more details. Closing port COM3

[22:07:46] [ disconnect ] PORT INFO: Port closed

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Terret725

Terret725 New
    Builder

I've gone thew the trouble shooting guide already minus trying another computer. I don't have one accessible at this time. My work laptop is locked down so I can't load anything on that and my wife is out of town till end of February and took her lap top with her. I may be able to get my old tower from my mom's but I'm not even sure if it works or has the specs needed to run the software. Is there anything else I can check?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The guide is complete, refer the last paragraph then for the next step.