Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

blackbox remove z axis homing

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by sitoru, Apr 16, 2019.

1. sitoru

sitoru New
    Builder

Im using blackbox to control my laser, but have no z axis. I would like to start using homing for x and y, so I know I have to recompile Grbl to remove z homing. Is your version of Grbl for blackbox different than the regular Grbl? would it be ok to use that? or do you have a blackbox version without z homing available ?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

OpenBuilds Control -> Troubleshooting Tab > Grbl Flashing -> Flash Grbl 1.1g for ACRO (Acro is a 2 axis machine, so has Zhoming disabled as per gnea/grbl (already applied, compiled and available to you in CONTROL with no schelp)

Apart from that easy way if you really want to compile, stock default works. Just set $4=1 (inverted driver enable)

3. sitoru

sitoru New
    Builder

ok, thanks I'll try that.

4. Samjett

Samjett New
    Builder

Is there a way to easily setup a custom homing sequence? In my build, we are using two motors in tandem- they are located on each side of a mobile platform, and driven by a blackbox. It would be great for those two motors to home synchronously, so as not to tilt the platform. Would love to be able to do this through OpenBuilds Control, but if I need to modify the GRBL config.h and recompile I can do that, I just dont know what to do with the recompiled GRBL - can I easily flash that to the blackbox?

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

At this time, we do not support independant homing. A later version of the board might, but not at this time. To do that you need to wire Y2 as seperate driver entirely (not slaved as currently implemented on BlackBox)

sharmstr likes this.