Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Blackbox or OpenBuild Control Issue

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by arcuriel, Oct 9, 2022.

1. arcuriel

arcuriel New
    Builder

For the past few months I have been fighting an issue with my CNC machine. I am using a blackbox controller and OpenBuilds Control. I cannot pin point the issue.

It started out with the machine having issues with the Z axis. I’ll do my best to describe it…The machine will be running perfectly fine with no issue and then all of a sudden it decides to go too deep. Almost like it re-zeros, but I am not really sure. I can run the exact same code 3 times in a row and then all of a sudden it buries itself and messes up the whole project. One time I walked away and it started a fire on my table. It has done this from time to time with no predictability. After the fire I have been extra cautious and I am ready to hit the abort button at anytime. Two times I caught it I noticed the machine auto-disconnect after I hit abort, but that does not happen every time.

Today I scrapped three projects due to two Z axis issues and one issue with I think it can be best described and extra code. I was cutting a pumpkin face and when I walked up to check on it there was an extra eye above one of the eyes. It cut three eyes and then I stopped it.

I have no idea if it’s the Blackbox or Openbuild control sending it the wrong commands.

Anyone have this issue or can shed the light on my problem.

2. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hi Arcuriel, Almost always it's a broken wire or loose connection to the motor.
    I had the same issue once, broke 4 bits before I realized one pin on a connector had failed.
    Gary

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. arcuriel

arcuriel New
    Builder

Thanks, I'll give it a check.

4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Also check to be sure all your flexible shaft couplings from the motor to the screw are not loose.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.