Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Blackbox only drives Y1, Y2 in one direction?

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by AXIS89, Mar 20, 2020.

1. AXIS89

AXIS89 New
    Builder

Is there anything I should check to see what would be causing my Y1 and Y2 to only drive one direction? The same motor works fine with x or z so I dont think its wiring or the motors. I know the calibration isnt right as the 1" step moves more like 6. Could something like that affect its ability to step correctly or do I likely just have a faulty driver?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

- Does it move smoothly in one direction, or jerky/jumpy/rattly?
    - Disable limit switches in Grbl Settings, incorrectly wired limits can prevent moves in the direction toward where Grbl things the switch is (will only allow you to jog "out of" the switch)
    - Not quite yours but lets check: OpenBuilds BlackBox 4X Documentation correctly installed Slave jumper?

3. AXIS89

AXIS89 New
    Builder

It moves smoothly in the one direction. I dont have limit switches installed yet and it looks like they are turned off in the software too. I checked the slaver driver and it is correct for y direction. Will it matter that I only have one motor hooked up to Y for now?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Should be fine with one motor yes. Other checks looks good.
    Reach out to http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home with an RMA request please - ask for a replacement Brains board (suspect the chip isnt outputting the direction signal properly)
    Refer to the link of this thread to help expedite :)