Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

blackbox no power

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Tom Bellfoy, May 1, 2020.

1. Tom Bellfoy

Builder

My new build is now complete, however my blackbox is not powering up. When connected to my computer the USB shows power from computer and it can talk to the blackbox but the power light on blackbox does not come on. There is 24 volts at the connector and the blackbox does nothing. The fuse shows good.

What else can I check ??

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

- Disconnect everything except power (just in case something is wired incorrectly, and thus putting the meanwell PSU into protection mode)
    - Double check Polarity
    - Double check the 220/110v switch on the power supply
    - Double check wiring into the connector, we've had a user or two who measured at the back of the terminal (touching the wire) but then inside the connector, were pinching insulation, and thus not getting power through the connector

3. Tom Bellfoy

Builder

ok found the problem after Peter told me what to check for. I unknowingly used the wrong two pin blackbox connector to provide power.
    There is one two pin that fits into the relay port and a different two pin connector with different spacing that fits into the power inlet port. I simply used the incorrect one. The spacing is different and there was no connection. Thanks for your very speedy reply.
    Tom

Giarc and Peter Van Der Walt like this.