Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Blackbox fan question

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Steven Hickerson, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Steven Hickerson

Builder

So, I've had my blackbox for a couple of weeks now and it's been working great. But I had a question about the fan, is it supposed to be running the entire time the blackbox has power? It's kind of loud and obnoxious when the CNC isn't in use if I wanted to leave power going to the blackbox.

The only reason I'm considering this is because I just got an Interface, and being able to upload gcode files to the interface through the network is nice, but rather inconvenient if I have to go out and turn the power on, then come back to my PC upload a file, then go back out again. By that point I may as well have just used a USB drive lol.

Really wish the interface had a way to simply map a network drive that I could pull gcode files from, that is what I was doing with a PC connected to the CNC before I got the interface. Or even if I had to put the files on some type of webpage that the interface could access and pull files down from, that would still be a good solution IMO.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Fan is always on. If its very loud, check that ita not rubbing on the lid, sometimes they do, add a washer to space it away from the case. Or replace it with a quiet fan like a Noctua