Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Blackbox Controller Tuning

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Ronald4418, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Ronald4418

Ronald4418 Well-Known
    Builder

Is there a video available explaining the Tuning of the Blackbox Controller. I am looking for something to help me get my head around adjusting the individual drivers as well as the Router11 using the IoT Switch. I understand how to set $110-$112 and $120-$$122. What I need to know is when using the Router11 with the IoT Switch with the maximum spindle speed written to GRBL, do I set Spindle at Maximum of 33,000 rpm and use the Open Controller to adjust my spindle speeds or do I do it manually with the Router11 Spindle.
    While there are a lot of informative videos available for building the various Openbuilds Designs. There isn't anything I have found yet on actually Fine Tuning the various machine configurations. I've only checked out the OpenBuilds website and YouTube for information and haven't checked anywhere else and not sure where else to check. I'm attempting to get my C_Beam XL Accurate to within .001mm in accuracy.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

docs:blackbox:connect-dewalt-iotrelay [OpenBuilds Documentation]
    The IOT is just a switch. No speed control. Use the Knob. Set $30=1000
    Then any M3 S*** where *** > 1000 will turn on the router

Factory default is good for almost all machines. If you are overheating (red exclamation mark LED on BlackBox, or Motor burning your had) dial back a little. If you are stalling the motors under normal usage, dial in a little more.

3. Ronald4418

Ronald4418 Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks, I will reset it to $30=1000 and #31=0, then use the 6 presets on the Router11. I thought I might have gotten lucky and used the combination of the IoT Switch and the Blackbox similiar to a VFD.