Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

blackbox connect

Discussion in 'CNC Projects' started by Shaolin357, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Shaolin357

Builder

Does anyone know if the open builds software and the open build black box work with the nextwave shark systems ie..shark hd 510 here is the type connection to the nextwave controller box from the
    nema 23 stepper motors Connector.jpg

Attached Files:

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The BlackBox is a controller so you wouldnt use the nextwave one. What we need to know are the motor and power supply specs so we can see if they are compatible with the blackbox.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. B.andrewsmith

Builder

The machine will work if you are willing to re-wire the motors yourself. You won't be able to mix and match the next wave controllers or software though.

Basically the Black Box would take the place of the controller that comes with their machine. If you have the Laser attachment that come with their serial cable connector then that involves a more than just re-wiring the stepper motors.

I've performed it before successfully on a Shark from Nextwave and a smaller Pirahna model.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. HarveyMatyas

Builder

I have a Next Wave HD3 and a 2 watt laser. If I get the Black Box controller, what else would I need to make it work?
    Will I need a new power supply and if so what volts and watts? Also, will the laser work or will I need to get a new one?
    I have the Vectic's laser modular and it does not work with my Shark for the 3d work that I want to do.
    However, it will work with the Black box according to the Vectric site.
    I know that I have to rewire the stepper motors.

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Checkout docs.openbuilds.com/blackbox for all the basic wiring details
    You need a 24v Power Supply.
    Most laser Modules work.
    Vectric's Laser module is OK but also checkout Lightburn (software is also discussed on our documentation site just higher up at docs.openbuilds.com)