Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

BlackBox 0-10v outputting ~24v

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by CurieOS, Aug 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CurieOS

CurieOS New
    Builder

For some reason the 0-10v output is basically outputting VIN. I opened the top, and it kinda looked like one of the op amps is popped, but it could've just been a bit of flux or oil. Assuming it was popped, I bought some new ones off digikey and replaced it. I haven't tested it yet, but I noticed the one next to it is oriented differently, and I was wondering if this is intentional. I was looking for the source files for it to check the orientation, but I couldn't find them (product page says it's licensed under creative commons?). Looking at the assembly guide though, the render of the board makes it look like they are supposed to be oriented similarly. Can anyone shed some light into my situation?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Please get in contact with http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home for support

3. CurieOS

CurieOS New
    Builder

I figured it out. R7 I think (silk screen is barely visible) was standing straight up, so the op amps didn't have a good vref signal. I just heated up the joints and got it pinned down. Thanks for the link though, when I went to technical issues it redirected me here.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.